The partners of the EU project “Sport 4 Good Governance (S4GG)” met in the Olympic House for its mid-term seminar in Nicosia, Cyprus, from 17 to 18 September 2012. The aim of the meeting was to take stock of the activities implemented so far during this project and to prepare future measures.
The agenda featured a number of interesting presentations as well as some very interactive and productive workshops. Prof. Dr. Christoph Breuer of the German Sport University Cologne presented the analysis of the S4GG questionnaire. Experts from Italy, Belgium, Austria and the UK informed about good practice examples in their countries in the field of good governance in sport. The ensuing discussions on those examples provided valuable insights into good governance initiatives which will feed into the S4GG toolkit.
The workshops were held on two different subjects:
- Lessons to be learned: an analysis and discussion of key features of good governance, linked to the good practice examples.
- Educational toolkit: exchange of views on the content and outlook of the future toolkit, including a self-assessment tool. This work package is coordinated by Mrs Gabi Freytag, Director of the German Leadership Academy.
The Sport 4 Good Governance team would like to take the opportunity to thank the Cyprus Olympic Committee for hosting the seminar. Their efforts have been highly appreciated.
- Continuous coordination and exchange with the Council Expert Group ‘Good Governance’
- Third peer review meeting: end of 2012
- Training sessions: beginning of 2013
- Final Conference (including presentation of results and the final version of the toolkit): foreseen April 2013
- End of the project: foreseen June 2013